Sunday, March 16, 2014

Spring break

           The beach is a typical spring break vacation destination but I prefer to spend my spring break about 15 minutes away from the nearest beach in Wilmington, North Carolina. My dad’s side of the family lives in North Carolina and I have always referred to it as my second home. Ever since I was younger, my cousin and I have been inseparable regardless of our four year age difference. She shares a house with two other roommates, five dogs and a cat. As most girls do, we shopped on a few different occasions. We both played softball growing up so we decided to reconnect with our past and played around one night. Even though it was my spring break, it was not hers so while she was in class I used my time wisely and worked on biology homework. Downtown Wilmington is one of my favorite places in Wilmington itself. There’s a bunch of cute little boutiques and it’s the perfect place to people watch on a nice sunny day. While my cousin and I were there, we got sushi for lunch and people watched by the Cape Fear River. Later on that day we got ice cream from my new favorite ice cream shop, it’s called Kilwins and it was absolutely fantastic. As my week with my cousin ended I was sad to say “see ya later” because she will be making a trip to Virginia the week after we get out of school for summer vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment