Sunday, March 9, 2014

Baseball weekend: Out of class activity

            As the lovely month of March began it brought us closer and closer to a spring break that many of us students so desperately needed. During that first weekend, I attended a few baseball games that made me long for spring break even more. A week or so ago, I received a “Guess what” text from a boy that I had dated over the summer. He plays college baseball up in the Washington D.C. area and because of all the recent snowy and messy weather that we had been experiencing, his games that weekend had been moved to a different location. It really is a small world and that weekend was a perfect example to proven it because his baseball games had been moved to the baseball stadium in Colonial Heights. It had been about eight months since we had last seen each other and I had always wanted to go see one of his baseball games, so that’s what I did with my weekend. He pitched the game on Saturday night as I froze in the bleachers. The weather was a lot nicer on Sunday morning and the team also pulled out a win in that first game. I had to leave before their second game began because I had to work. I was really glad that I got to see him play and being able to use his baseball games as one of my out of class activities was just a plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment