Friday, January 31, 2014

Scavenger hunt

          The third week of Sweenglish class was not at all what I had expected it to be, although I will admit that I was relieved to have somewhat of a break. During class on Monday, we participated in a scavenger hunt so that we could become better acquainted with our library and its resources. After our groups had found all of the things on our lists, we had to share what we found with the rest of the class so that we could all know a few new things about the library. Thankfully on Wednesday, school was cancelled because of the snow. During the snow day I could’ve spent the day being productive and getting some of my homework out of the way but instead I just relaxed with my dog and watched a movie or two. Once we came back to class on Friday we had to discuss “The Chrysanthemums” because the wonderful snow day had put us a little behind. Like most other stories that we had read this far, “The Chrysanthemums” was an odd story that was a little hard to understand. After a long class discussion about trying to interpret this story, the class decided that the woman in this story was bothered by the fact that her husband did not see who she really was but instead only who she appeared to be on the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment